2021 Summer Camp July 19-23rd
Monday July 19 - Friday July 23
10am-3pm daily | Showcase Concert 07/23 8:30-10:30pm
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PARTICIPATE?
The cost for the camp is $325 per student.
Tuition costs include admission for 3 guests (per student) to the Friday evening concert.
Students who sign up and pay in full before June 1, 2021 will receive a $25 early registration discount.
We also offer a sibling discount. The siblings of students signing up will get 10% off their tuition price.
Daily activities for the camp will take place at the Viewmont High School.
At the end of the camp, students will perform for their parents and friends at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center Amphitheater.
Students of all levels are welcome to participate the Utah Jam Bands camp, but some musical background and training is encouraged for a more positive experience. Instructors will place students into groups with those who are at similar levels.
WHO CAN SIGN UP?
WHERE IS THE CAMP?
The camp experience is designed for students between the ages of 8 and 19.
Personal practice throughout the event is an integral part of making each student's experience successful. For this reason it is preferred that those who join the camp either own or rent an instrument so that they can practice outside of the rehearsals and classes.
WHAT THE CAMP WILL BE LIKE?
The camp prepares students to play the music they love on stage and with a band. Students involved in the camp are placed into bands and work with their bandmates to prepare music for the concert at the end of the week in instructor-led and student-led rehearsals. The camp will also allow students to participate in jam sessions and attend daily classes, which will cover:
Music Business & Marketing
WHO IS RUNNING THE CAMP?
The instructors involved in this UJB camp are Richard Gailey, Alicia Wrigley, Jake Robinson, Devin Moore, Troy Neilson, Taylor Flandro, Kellen Tew, Christian Mayfield, and Danny Smith. They are all very highly trained musicians and talented local performers. To learn more about them, visit the Instructors Page.
We will be following all guidelines given by authorities to ensure the safety of the kids and to prevent the virus from spreading. Right now these precautions include:
- Students and teachers must wear masks
- We'll have extra masks for those that forget
- Students and teachers must maintain 6 feet distance
- Rooms and shared instruments will be sanitized between rehearsals
- Students and teachers will sanitize or wash their hands in between each rehearsal
- We'll have hand sanitizer available in each room
- If any student or teacher is feeling sick they are not permitted to attend the camp
- To limit cross contamination we ask that the parents drop their kids off outside the building without coming in with them. If they need help bringing stuff in our instructors will be there to assist them
- The concert will be held at an outdoor venue to ensure proper social distancing and if things get worse it may be moved to a livestream format